Thursday, December 17, 2009

So long and thanks for all the shoes

Well, my Library friends, I, Liz Prince, am abandoning my post at the Museum School Library in favor of becoming a full time cartoonist (you may have noticed my cute blog advertisements on the LED screen in the Atrium). Fear not, gentle readers, because you will be left in the very capable hands of Lauren Kimball-Brown, who is graduate of the SMFA, and is no stranger to the Library.

If you wish to follow my progress, you can visit my website www.lizprincepower.com, where I post comics on a regular basis. You can also see my first two books at the Library:




Will You Still Love Me If I Wet the Bed?
Liz Prince
Top Shelf Productions, 2005









Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed? started out as an exercise in keeping a personal comic journal of the finer points of a relationship, but quickly evolved to become Liz Prince's first solo full length comic. Described as a mix between Jeffrey Brown and James Kochalka, Liz's comic is made up of short vignettes that capture all the cute, gross, and endearing aspects of relationships.





Delayed Replays
Liz Prince
Top Shelf Productions, 2008









With this second collection of comic strips after the critically-acclaimed Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed?, Liz Prince continues to explore the intimacy of the couple, while at the same time revealing snippets of her life as a young cartoonist. Sentimental and humorous, these little gems of chaotic relationships and life come off like the best of daily newspaper strips.



Thanks for all the memories!